Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Paying Union Blues

Ok, here is my dilemma. I am a member of a Union at my job. Because of some changes in the company, we are no longer allowed to drive our company trucks home. The problem with this is that my actual reporting location is 30 miles from my home.

My company has graciously told me that I may park my truck at office which is half a mile from my house. The Union however stated that in order to stick it too the company, I must drive to the 30 miles away office. The problem is I do not see how this is "sticking it" to the company. I am however readily aware of how a 60 mile round trip each day would stick it to me.

That said I live and work with these guys in the union, and should such time come that I may need their services I dont want to burn bridges. Anyway if you are still reading this, and are still awake then I applaud you. Its just one of those get it off my chest blogs. And if ya cant share it here, then where can ya share it???....lol

Its one in the morning....not responsible for content

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Hmmmmm. So in essence, by "sticking it" to them you are actually "sticking it" to yourself???? Bummer. I say get a job out in California and REALLY stick it to them!

jeramy sossaman said...

that sucks! it's 9:00am....i can't be held accountable for content.

Pastor's Perspective said...

TAKE BART! Gaaaaa...

jeramy sossaman said...

dang. that's messed up steve.

james said...

Tried that once Michelle...got shot down.....*sigh*