Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bowling for Birthdays




Sunday night I decided to take the little typhoon that is my daughter to a birthday party. This wild bash was held in the local bowling alley. The particular alley is a duckpin bowling alley (small pins). I know a 5 year old BD party at a bowling alley, but our choices are limited here.

While I stood with the fathers chewing Red Man and spitting on the floor, my daughter enjoyed her first bowling experience.

She would send the ball flying down the alley, then contort her body trying to put as much persuasive "body english" on it as she could. She knocked out spares about one third of the time. When she knock all the pins down, which she did several times, she resembled Tiger Woods pumping his fists after sinking a putt at the Masters. I loved it.

I am gettin her a polyester shirt with the name LOU over the pocket and teaching her how to drink beer and eat hot dogs...something every bowler should know. She already knows how to belch like a bowler.

Thats my baby.

More of ME

5 comments:

Gena said...

Wow two posts in one day. You had better pace yourself babe. At this rate it will be a whole year before we hear from you again!

The pics you took on your phone are great. She looks like a real pro.

You forgot to mention how she almost broke her finger when it got smashed between two bowling balls. She's tough though. I know she had a blast! It was great Daddy and Anni time. Please don't teach her anymore bad habits! Pooting and Belching is enough already!!!!

Chelle said...

WOW! That's a whole lotta honesty in Gena's comment. I don't know what say really.

It really did look like she had a blast! And it's always great that you are making memories! You really are such a great dad James! Anni is blessed to have you for her Dad.

jeramy sossaman said...

well done james. help me out though...."L O U"????

james said...

Jeramy ...LOU seemed like a good blue collar name for a bowler guy

Pastor's Perspective said...

Polyester RAWKS!